WEEK 13: THE AQUATIC UNCLE


At first reading this it was kind of strange and it made me wonder what the purpose of the story was. Why the girl left with the uncle and what the author was trying to say about it. I guess in the evolution aspect could be a representation from old and new generations having a mix and disagreement in way of living and opinions of such. There is definitely such a situation in real life and it still happens just because the way of living from old generation and new are so drastically different. In my opinion no one is wrong or right in a situation like this just because we only know what we know for so long and when it comes to the way we live who really is to say one way is better or wore than the other. To each his own really.

In my own family, the older generation have much to say and disagree with the way the younger generation which is me and I vice versa, then I realize I also have a disagreeing opinion of those younger than me and how they live. It is more frivolous and less meaningful as it goes or so it seems. So then no one can really judge at this point. It's just opinions and we stop there. On a side note, I really didn't like the main character just because I felt like he was kind of a coward and never really took the reins or stood up for himself. It just seems that way. His uncle had more of a way and understood what he waned more, the young boy just seemed lost and a dreamer without much groundwork to build those dreams upon. Just an opinion, but it doesn't count for much to the story in my opinion. 

Comments

Popular Posts