WEEK 9: SPACE OPERA



This week I read The Stars My Destination. To be honest, this weeks reading was hard for me and I couldn’t fully get into the book. I don’t really have a taste for space themes and that might be the first thing to put me off, but still I came to the book with an open mind hoping for it to surprise me instead. For some reason, I found it hard to root for Gulliver Foyle. I felt like a lot happened to him by being betrayed and abandoned but it didn’t really make me care for him that much. I think theres something about how far away and un-relatable space is that makes me unable to make a connection because I’ve never had an experience with it before. I actually quite liked the way the world in space was built when he was stranded, how he had to keep reminding himself and searching himself who he was. However I still couldn’t feel much sympathy for him and it was probably because it feels very far fetched to me. Maybe the next attempt at a space novel might catch my attention more. 

Comments

Popular Posts